The construction of the ancient Church of the Genoese Brotherhood of Cagliari began in 1599. The church originally had a longitudinal plan with three chapels on each side, a square chancel and a barrel vault supported by pillars. The facade was completed in 1672 with an elaborate marble portal, spiral columns, angels and a great coat of arms of the city of Genoa between two gryphons rampant. In 1919 the church was closed to the public due to major structural failures and damages. The bombing of 13th May 1943 definitely damaged the church and destroyed it completely. The new church dedicated to Santi Giorgio and Caterina was rebuilt in the early 1960s in the area of Monte Urpinu.
Where it is: