Designers: Giuseppe Sartorio (1886)
The monument, is a war memorial dedicated to the Sardinian soldiers during the three Italian Wars of Indipendence, and it looks like an obelisk in black basalt decorated in white marble. On the base we can notice carved guns, cannons and other war equipments, the flag of the kingdom of Italy, the coat of arms of the city of Cagliari and King Victor Emmanuel II’s portrait. There is a plaque to the memory of “Custoza” battle. On the top is carved a laurel crown. The monument, removed in December 1933, was placed in the Parco delle Rimembranze the following year, but then, it was moved back to its original location in 1994.
Where it is: